Statcounter

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Duck soup tomorrow . . .

Tomorrow my menu will consist of the following:  duck soup, with humble pie for dessert.

Why?

Because the Florida State Seminoles had a 26-game winning streak snapped by the Oregon Ducks.  By Ducks, of all people!

I mean, seriously, you put a team whose mascot is a duck against a team who is led onto the field by a Seminole holding a flaming spear which can do serious damage if you're on the wrong end of it . . . and the ducks win??

To make matters worse, my minister is a Ducks fan.  He and I will probably not speak to each other on Sunday.

Actually, I'm kidding with that last sentence.  He'll probably crow from the pulpit, then go on to preach a great sermon and I'll forgive him.  :-)

What I find classless, however, is the action of over half of the Seminole football team.

They left the field without congratulating Oregon on their victory.

I know, it's a difficult thing to have a winning streak snapped.  But they were defeated by a good team, led by a team whose quarterback won the Heisman Trophy.  They deserved congratulations, if for no other reason than to show that the losing team are good sports.

Perhaps they should be eating duck soup and humble pie along with me.

I know where to buy duck, it's sold at most of the local stores around here.  But there I two things I don't know:

1. How to make duck soup.
2. What in the world are ingredients to humble pie?

The soup part I can solve with an Internet search.

The humble pie?  Well, that is probably going to take some effort.

In the meantime, I will finish this New Year's Day watching a Twilight Zone marathon.

Happy New Year.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment