Statcounter

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Bracketology, Tina style

Let the madness begin!

March Madness is in full swing.  For those of you that live under a rock, March Madness is the unofficial name for the NCAA's Men's College Basketball tournament.  The field starts with 64 teams, then narrows down to 32, then the "sweet sixteen", then the "elite eight", then the "final four", and then the last two, who play for the national championship.

Last year, I decided that this year, I was going to fill out a bracket.

So this year, I went to ESPN and did just that.

Now, I know there's a science to "bracketology", and all this analysis you're supposed to do in order to put the proper teams in the proper brackets.  But I am not a basketball expert.  So, here's my bracketology, Tina style:

I picked Kentucky to win it all.  In order for Kentucky to win it all, I had to pick Kentucky to win each game.

Then I went through the rest of the brackets and just randomly picked.  Some I picked because they were the top seed.  Others I picked, well, just because.

Today, I learned that my bracket--like several thousand others--has already been busted.

I picked Baylor to beat Georgia State, mainly because Baylor was ranked higher.

Georgia State won, 57-56.

I also picked Iowa State to beat University of Alabama at Birmingham.

UAB won, 60-59.

(Notre Dame, a team I did pick, has advanced to the second round.)

Such is the reality of March Madness.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment