Statcounter

Monday, January 22, 2018

Coping during a shutdown

The children -- er, Congress -- can't play nicely with each other, a lesson they should have learned back in preschool.  So us Americans have to suffer the consequences.

As of midnight on Saturday, the federal government is in a partial shutdown.  One of the casualties is my husband, who works for the IRS.

At the moment, we have money in the bank and plenty of food.  I've applied for a forebearance on my student loans and I'm looking to see what other expenses I can cut. 

I've also been sick with the flu.  I emailed the woman I proof for and said that as of tomorrow, I can finally proof again.  I also told her that I need all the work I can get. 

Frank and I will take a look at our assets and liabilities, and between us, we'll figure out a way to get through this.  We went through something similar back in 2013, and we made it through.  I believe we'll make it through again.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment