Statcounter

Friday, January 13, 2023

Minor ramblings

 We are at the point at every new year where I say, It’s the middle of January ALREADY?

Monday is Martin Luther King Day. My husband has the day off. My son does not (and I don’t think he’s happy about it.) I thought I had the day off, but I got a text from my doc reminding me of my annual appointment on Monday. So I don’t get to eat on Monday morning.  Cue stomach rumbling. 

I did tell the people I proof for that I needed Friday and Monday off due to a desperate cleaning I needed of my office. While I’ve filled up three boxes of trash, it’s the organization that bugs me. I do have labeled drawers, which helps. What I am trying to do is use my 10’ x 10’ office as an office AND a craft area. So all of my supplies for both subjects have to be stored in the same room. I also have a cutting table that folds up but needs to be pulled out and be unfolded in order for me to work on it. What I would like to do is to get the bookshelves out and move the books to another set of shelving. 

I don’t think I’m going to do that tomorrow, though, because tomorrow I am going to tackle the garage. My husband will be working overtime - I think - and I will have the chance to work there. 

I have three loads of laundry to fold and put away. 

And more clothes to hang up and put in drawers. 

I actually need to learn to delegate better. My son is good about doing his own laundry. I’m the one who feels like I need to fold and sort laundry for my husband and me. Like some people, I have a lot of trouble assigning duties to others. I’m a horrible perfectionist and I’m having to learn that if I don’t follow “the schedule”, it will not be the end of the world. When I was hurrying to my therapy appointment, I told myself that the worst thing that could happen if I were late was that I’d have to reschedule. 

Someday I will write about the difficulty of finding a routine I can stick to. 

Right now, I will stop rambling and head for bed.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment