Statcounter

Friday, December 21, 2018

Shutdown

Unless Mighty Mouse swoops in and saves the day, we are 15 and a half hours away from a government shutdown.  Since my husband is a government employee, he will be placed on furlough and he will not get a paycheck until the government reopens.

We have already bought Christmas presents and Christmas dinner, and we have savings, assets, and a full pantry.  I can still proof, and my husband will qualify for unemployment.  And if the situation gets dire, we have good friends.  My husband and I will be fine. 

The whole issue boils down to Donald Trump saying, "I want money to build my wall, and if I don't get it, I'll hold my breath until I turn blue!"

Congress:  "Inhale, Mr. President.  Our favorite shades of blue are azure, turquoise, cobalt, and navy."

There is a reason why I refer to the children -- er, Congress, and why our President should probably be referred to as the toddler-in-chief. 

My disgust for American politics has reached a new high.  Or low, depending on your perception.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.


No comments:

Post a Comment