Statcounter

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

What's the word?

In the last few years, I've seen that it's customary for people to adopt a "word" for the next year.  This word is one that they use to be their emphasis or their guide for that year.

Brian Hardin, from the Daily Audio Bible (www.dailyaudiobible.com) has adopted a word for the last few years.  Last year it was "hope", this year it was "maintain".

So, do I have a word for this year?

Well, yes . . . and no.

I have two words and a phrase for this year.  It's stuff I've been thinking about for some time, and it's about time I put the words into practice.

They are:  Foundation, fundamentals, and back to basics.

I've worried about several issues within Christianity over the last few years, such as, "Are we allowed to have instruments in worship?"  "What is the role of women?" and on and on and on.  Lately, it's occurred to me that answers to those questions aren't worth it if I don't have the proper foundation . . . which, according to I Corinthians 3:11 is Jesus Christ.

I can squabble about "women's roles", "instrumental music" and everything else, but what good is it if I am not building on Jesus? 

So here I am, picking up my shovel, and clearing away the rubble, leveling the ground for the foundation of Jesus, and praying that I will build on it with the proper materials. 

Happy New Year, all.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment