Statcounter

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Generation gap

Last week, one of our newer ministers began teaching my Sunday School class.  He'll be there for the rest of this month.  I think he's about in his mid-to-late 20's (and his wife's name is Tina!)

I've had him as a teacher in a Wednesday night class before, so when I saw him, I said, "Either you are stuck with me again, or I am stuck with you."

He said, "I'm happy to be stuck with you."

I answered, "Like the song says?"

I spent the next five minutes explaining to him that this was the song I meant:


The song went to Number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the fall of 1986, nearly thirty years ago.  I was in college then and about ready to graduate with my master's degree.  My Sunday School teacher may not have even been born yet, or if he was, he was either a baby, toddler, or preschooler.

Now I know what it feels like to be on one side of a generation gap.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment