Statcounter

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Worship Wednesday (one day late, again): The original court reporter?

Right now, my ladies' group is doing a study on Beth Moore's "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things".  In one of the lessons, she made the comment that Satan is methodical when he launches his attacks on believers.  She said that he keeps meticulous notes.

If that's true, I wondered, does that make Satan the original court reporter?

Court reporters are committed to making an accurate record of court proceedings.  In that respect, they have to be meticulous and detailed.

But the more I've thought about it, the more I wonder how accurate I am being in using that analogy. You see, while Satan is meticulous, he's also very selective in the "facts" he uses in his meticulous notes.  He may have very methodical and meticulous notes on our sins and weaknesses, and all the mistakes we've made, but he leaves out stuff like God's forgiveness, love and grace.

If it's true that our sins are removed as far as the east is from the west (see Psalm 103:12), then I wonder if God is the one that "strikes from the record" the sins He has removed from us.

After all, isn't He more meticulous than Satan?

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment