Statcounter

Monday, February 22, 2016

Manic Monday: Food fight!

The Republican race for the White House has degenerated into a food fight worthy of Animal House!

I watched the GOP debate held a week before the South Carolina primary, and it was the worst display of political behavior I have ever seen.  You had Donald Trump accusing people of lying, you had Marco Rubio accusing a fellow Hispanic of not speaking Spanish, and you had moderators who were either unwilling or unable to keep order.

For the first time in my life, I am considering a protest vote.  I cannot, in good conscience, support Donald Trump for the White House.  He is full of bluff and bluster, he is rude, and he thinks that the White House can be run just like his reality show.  He does not realize that you cannot fire Congress. This is not The Apprentice.  And he has no specific plan on how he's going to run this country, other than "build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" and "we're going to make this country great again".

I don't support Hillary because I don't trust her, and I don't support Sanders because someone has to pay for all the "free" stuff that he's promising.  When those that Sanders wants to tax to pay for these "free" programs leave the US and/or renounce their citizenship, how is all this free stuff going to be paid for?  Who is going to pay for it?

My avatar on Facebook right now is a picture that says "Vote for Snoopy".  That sums up how I feel about this election.

The next Republican debate will be February 25th.  Do not be surprised if you see the ghost of John Belushi dressed in a toga, yelling, "Food fight!"

Because that's what this election has come down to.  If the GOP loses in November, it will be their own fault!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment