Statcounter

Monday, March 21, 2016

Manic Monday: Having a hard time caring lately . . .

Political commentator Erick Erickson's latest book is, "You Will Be Made To Care," which is about the rise of the militant left and how you will be "made to care" about their "agenda".

I get his point, but right now, I am having a very hard time caring or being made to care.

Governor Nathan Deal has a religious freedom bill on his desk.  No matter whether he signs it or vetoes it, someone's going to be mad at him.  And right now, I can't really care one way or the other whether he signs it or not.

The presidential race, at the moment, will probably come down to either a brokered Republican convention and/or Trump vs. Clinton, with Clinton a probable winner.  I can't care about that, either.

It could be because I'm just weighted down with the cares and concerns of everyday life.  But I just don't have the mental or emotional energy to go through the pros and cons of every.single.argument. that is out there about why I should support/oppose certain issues, why I should vote for/vote against a particular candidate, why I should contribute to a candidate's war chest, etc.

Maybe this is by design; that the media think that if they overload us with too much information, we won't care, we will become apathetic, and we'll end up voting for the candidate they want (which I believe is Hillary Clinton.)  Or we'll end up not voting at all.

Sorry, Erick, but right now, I'm having a rough time caring.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment