Statcounter

Friday, May 20, 2016

Breaking point

Both my BFF and I are at our breaking point.

She has a close relative in rehab who will be coming home next week, and my friend will probably be providing most of the care the relative needs.

She also has a friend involved in some very complicated legal troubles.

She's a writer, self-published, and these life rolls have really gotten to her.

I have a list of health problems that seem to go on and on and on and never get any better.

I also have a child with special needs that needs extra help, and dealing with his needs day after day can be wearying at times.

And I'm also trying to write and not doing it very successfully.

Both my BFF and I are very concerned about the state of the country.

And recently I read the following statement on a group I'm part of:  "In June of 2017 you're going to be sitting here wondering why nothing has changed.  And the answer will be the same.  Because you personally did nothing to change it."

I do NOT need that guilt trip laid on me!

Because, apart from voting, I do not have the resources to "personally" do something to change things.  And I truly resent being told that because I, personally, did nothing, that the fate of the country, world, etc. can be laid at my feet.

I have hit my breaking point.

So has my BFF.

Pray for us.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment