Statcounter

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Ruh-roh, Tina's off her meds . . .

I screwed up.
No, I mean, I royally screwed up.

I've been dealing with a skin rash for a number of months, and my dermatologist suggested a drug washout, meaning, get off of all my meds and see if that helps the rash clear up.

My regular doc doesn't think that's such a good idea, given that I'm on antidepressants and also hormones.

Well . . . I take a particular antidepressant, two pills a day, and figured that maybe I could do a gradual drug washout by going to one pill a day. 

Bad move.
Very, VERY bad move.

I dropped the dose several weeks ago--I'm not sure how many--but I think between that and being sick with the flu about a week ago, that sent me into a very nasty, downward spiral and kicked my OCD into major overdrive.

Last night my BFF messaged me, and when I started screaming at her online, she called me. 

Everything culminated in probably the most spectacular meltdown of my career.  All I can say is that I am very thankful that I have a very understanding BFF.

I am going back on my regular dose of meds, and I see my psychiatrist on Friday for a regular meds check and new prescription. 

The moral of this story is rather obvious:
One, never, never, never, never adjust your meds unless you have a long talk with your doctor first.  Especially if they are antidepressants.
And two, if you have a BFF that starts screaming at you online and you decide to call her, make sure that you have a very large supply of very effective earplugs.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.



No comments:

Post a Comment