Statcounter

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Pig-pen for president!

I have decided who I am going to vote for in 2020.

Pig-Pen.

Yes, THAT Pig-Pen, the dirt-loving character from Peanuts.

Frankly, I can't find a candidate that is worth voting for and who will help bring this country together.

I wrote this morning on my Facebook page that in the last year, I have seen posts from Christians that have made me think that if they met each other in the hallway, they would come to blows.  I saw it last year during the Kavanaugh hearings, and this morning, I saw it again between two Christians talking about certain new immigration policies.

Trump isn't the Messiah.  Get over it.
Trump isn't the Antichrist.  Get over it.
Trump is not the fulfillment of any sort of Biblical prophecy.  Please, for the love of all things holy, DO NOT quote me that verse about Cyrus.  While it's true that God can use whoever he wants whenever he wants, trying to fit Donald Trump into the verse that prophesies about Cyrus the king is like trying to put a square peg into a round hole.  (And while these rocket scientists COULD "put a square peg into a round hole", us trying to do it with Biblical prophecy is a misuse of Scripture.  Period.)

And those of you that tell me that Trump is a baby Christian? 

I've been hearing that for three years now.  I see no fruit of the Spirit.  I see no increasing faith, goodness, brotherly kindness, etc. 

"But the economy's good!"

How many people said that when Bill Clinton was president as an excuse to overlook his behavior? 

"But at least he tells it like it is!"

Uh, there are ways he can tell it like it is without coming off as a total buffoon. 

"But at least we have a conservative SCOTUS!"

But at what price? 

We are at a level of anger I have not seen in my lifetime.  I'm waiting for someone to bring a cane onto the floor of the Senate. 

If this is the price that we have had to pay for a conservative SCOTUS, that price is too high.
The Democrats want free stuff for everyone and they want the rich to pay for it.
The Republicans . . . well, I'm not sure what they want, outside of a good economy. 

Neither party is doing their job.  So my vote is going to Pig-Pen to clean up government!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.



No comments:

Post a Comment