Statcounter

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Can I have the recipe for that, please?

 Between church this morning, a needed afternoon nap, getting my son to *his* group on time and then getting to our new small group on time (our church small group of four just merged with a small group of about five), and dealing with the rain, my writing “practice” tonight is going to be a short one.  I use the blog a lot not only for reflecting on events in my life and current events in the world, but also for just practicing writing. 

While coming home during a heavy rainfall (my husband was driving, not me!), I was scrolling Twitter on the iPhone and came on this tweet:  “The pastor’s two older kids (age 3 & 4) sang ‘Hark the Herald Angels Sing’ today and I’m still laughing about ‘with angelic roast proclaim’.” The kids sang it today because the family had been sick during their Christmas service and they ended up singing today during their church’s announcements. 

I tweeted back, “Angelic Roast sounds like something I need the recipe for.” So I’m wondering if a) there is such a dish as “angelic roast”, or b) is that something a chef could create a recipe for? It would go wonderfully with ambrosia (considered “the food of the gods”) for dessert. :-) 

(Someone in the thread commented, “I’ve had some angelic roasts, so this works for me.” I suspect the tweeter is talking about a different kind of angelic roast, so that will be another story for another time.) 

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.


1 comment:

  1. I found this recipe for you - sounds "angelic" for sure!
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/pot-roast-of-the-angels-50055595

    ReplyDelete