Statcounter

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Tina’s TEOTWAWKI Journal, Day 14

Two weeks down, how many more to go?

I almost did not write anything today.  It has not been the world’s best day:  woke up to help my son with a computer assignment, found out our BRAND NEW microwave WILL NOT WORK and a new one may not be in the offing for a while, had to reschedule a doctor’s appointment, and I’m just feeling a general sense of stir-craziness.

My BFF suggested that I play some Sims.  So I played a little bit (making sure that a couple of my Sims got into some good fights), supported my local economy by getting takeout from McDonald’s, and then the three of us went to a nearby park for a walk.  Walking trails in the parks in my county are open from sunrise to sunset.  Playgrounds are closed.

The walk was good.  Spring is here, in all its pollinated glory.  My husband and I passed two girls taking pictures (one was posing and the other was shooting).  Residents were just simply walking, or walking their dogs, or out with either family or friends.

We’re in a surreal time right now, of signs announcing “playground closed”, of #socialdistancing being the new hashtag, of anger and accusations of stoking hysteria or downplaying threats.  Some accuse others of wanting to sacrifice a percentage of the population in the name of the economy.  (I’d like to know, who decides who will be the sacrifices?)

But spring is still here.  Our flowers are still blooming (first forsythia, daffodil and cherry; then Bradford pear, then dogwood and azalea — and white dogwoods bloom before the pink ones) and our pine trees are emitting the greenish-yellow pollen that is the annual scourge of people with allergies and the major source of income of our car washes.

Certain things you can count on.  Spring will move into summer, and then fall, and then winter.

God is still here, even on my days of stir craziness and broken microwaves and online assignments.

He will still be here tomorrow.

So, one more time:

It’s the end of the world as we know it
It’s the end of the world as we know it
It’s the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.
i

No comments:

Post a Comment