Statcounter

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Tina's TEOTWAWKI Journal, Day 2

I see already what my major enemy is going to be.  It's going to be boredom, alleviated by too much attention to electronics and social media.

I know, in my head, what the answer to this is:  write down a schedule, write down a list of things to do, and stick to it.

DOING it is the hard part.  There's such an attraction to social media for me, probably because I'm an introvert and it's an easy way for me to fulfill my need for connection without actually connecting. 

I have put stuff away in the pantry, taken out and finished folding laundry, and gotten my husband and son to at least put their laundry in their rooms. 

Me?  I have two baskets of my own clothes staring at me, needing to be put away. 

Once I get going, I do okay. 

But while I am writing this, I'm listening to an old episode of "Suspense", an old-time radio show that aired from 1942 to 1962, and playing with a couple of iPad games, and checking in on Facebook. 

This reminds me of what I did during a week where I was snowed in, along with family.  I imagined getting a lot of stuff done . . . and ended up in front of a computer screen, being BORED!

This is what is called cabin fever.

Which could be just as dangerous, if not more so, than COVID-19.

So, all together now on the chorus, today's theme song: 

It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment