Statcounter

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tina's TEOTWAWKI Journal, Day 5

One thing that has been made very clear in this crisis is that I have a moral, Constitutional, civic, fiduciary, and above all, Christian duty to give all the support and help I can to my fellow man. 

This evening, I accomplished all of the above in one fell swoop.

I ordered dinner for the family through Chick-Fil-A.

Why not?  After all, this is "God's chicken" we're talking about.  And I went to my nearest restaurant, which is a locally owned franchise.  And, since Chick-Fil-A, along with many other restaurants, have closed down their inside seating, they need to know that we support them.  

Besides, I like their food.  

So I made my moral, Christian, Constitutional, civic, and fiduciary contribution to the lifeblood of my community, and then I went home and helped eat it.  

Not long after I got back, groceries that I ordered arrived, delivered by a very friendly delivery person spending his first day on the job.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got hired because a lot of people are going to grocery delivery.  He'd texted me beforehand asking if certain substitutions were all right; I said yes, and when he told me he'd gotten what he could, I said, thank you, I know it's hard right now. 

One way we're being encouraged to support people is by supporting local businesses and delivery people.  So while I'm being tongue-in-cheeky about my duty to Chick-Fil-A, I do want to be serious about finding ways to support people. 

In the meantime, remember our theme song: 

It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment