Statcounter

Friday, March 27, 2020

Tina’s TEOTWAWKI Journal, Day 15

Tonight at midnight, my county, Gwinnett, will go under a “stay at home” order.  It means, stay home unless you have to do something absolutely essential . . . (and then there is a lengthy list of what is considered “essential”, such as food shopping and doctor’s appointments.)

So, what did my husband and I do before the clock struck midnight and Cinderella’s coach turned into a pumpkin?

We bought a microwave.

This is the second microwave we’ve bought in less than a month.  The previous new microwave broke.  The other day I pushed a button on the keypad and it did not work.  Period.  Our attempts to repair it via a YouTube video failed.  My husband’s attempt to find a repair place netted the following information:  1.  There’s really no place we can walk in and leave a microwave to be repaired, and 2.  It would cost as much to buy a new one as it would to have the old one repaired.

So, we are now the proud owners of yet another new microwave.

So far, it is heating what we need for it to heat.

When this quarantine is over and its history is written, I wonder if anyone would find this blog and scratch their head over what my concerns were?

Oh, well.

It’s the end of the world as we know it
It’s the end of the world as we know it
It’s the end of the world as we know it 
And I feel fine!

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment