Statcounter

Monday, May 8, 2017

Because of a staple, the tire was lost . . .

Yesterday and today have been like the poem, "For want of a nail, the shoe was lost . . ."

My husband and I came out to the car after church to discover that one of our tires was flat.  My husband changed the tire and put on the spare.  When he went to find a place to get the tire fixed, he could not find one.  Either the shop was closed on Sunday or the shop was open but unable to fix the tire right away.

Since we're a one-car family, that one event set off the domino effect:

  • We couldn't go to our church small group last night.
  • My husband took the day off work to take the tire to get fixed (he offered and I accepted the offer)
  • I ended up changing a doctor's appointment I had scheduled for today.
When my husband came back from getting the tire fixed, he told me that the reason we got the flat tire was due to a . . . large staple we'd run over.  

I don't know where we picked up that staple, but because of that staple, a tire was lost, because the tire was lost, meeting with small group was lost, a doctor's appointment was lost, and a small amount of money was lost.  

And all because of a staple.

I'm sure there's a larger moral to this story somewhere.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment