Statcounter

Monday, May 15, 2017

From one commander to another . . .

I don’t know where my son got the idea to do this, but his nickname for our church’s youth minister is “commander”. I guess he thinks that’s appropriate since our youth minister is the one “in charge.”

Last night, during our church’s Senior Honors Night, each graduating high school senior was presented with a Bible and their own Bible verse. (No, none of the kids got “Jesus wept” as their own personal verse. :-) )

When Matthew’s turn came, I was curious as to what his verse would be. 

As it turned out, it was quite appropriate. 

It was Isaiah 55:4: “See, I have made him a witness to the peoples, a ruler and commander of the peoples.” (New International Version)

Before reading this verse, our youth minister told the story of Matthew's nickname for him. And then, after reading the verse, he said that my son was a witness. 

I agree.  He is a witness to the power of inclusion and the result of the power of God’s love. 

It’s an appropriate gift from one “commander” to another.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment