Statcounter

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Posting-a-day for May . . .

Today is May 2.  I am in the second day of a "post-a-day" challenge.

Shaunta Grimes, a writer and Facebook friend of mine, is passionate about encouraging other writers to write.  She blogs here and offers material to help other writers learn to write well.

Her challenge this month to her "ninja writers", as she calls us, is to write a post a month and post it at Medium, a free blogging platform.

I've fallen down on my own writing lately, partly because of a busy schedule, partly because of allowing myself to be paralyzed by perfectionism.  I'm in the process of revising a novel, and I'm finding myself freezing up because I'm worried that it won't be "good enough".

Sometimes, my writing just plain sucks.  If that's your opinion about your own writing, or whatever it is you think you suck at, Shaunta's latest blog post should encourage you.  It's entitled, "You Don't Suck.  You Just Haven't Practiced Enough." She reminds us, "It's ridiculous to judge how good you are at something without taking into consideration the amount of practice you have doing it."

So this month, I am going to put some of Shaunta's tools to work for me, put butt in chair, fingers on keyboard, and WRITE.

Just my .04, adjusted for inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment